The Legend of Korra Book 4 Facts and Rumor Roundup
The Final Season
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 4:
- Book 4 will be 13 episodes long.
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 4.
- Book 4 will constitute the end of The Legend of Korra.
- Jason Isaacs (Zhao, Book 4 likely a new character), Jason Marsden (Aye-Aye, Huan), and Anne Heche (Suyin Beifong) recorded at least one scene with Kiernan Shipka (Jinora). source
- Korra will still have fight scenes. sources 1 & 2
- Korra and Katara have a scene together. source
Book 4 production progress:
- The animatic stage of production is complete. source
- The design/color stage of production is “in the home stretch.” source
- Voice recording is likely complete based on the fact that it has been ongoing since at the latest September of last year.
Unclear information / rumors:
- Book 4 is rumored to be titled Balance. This is claim is completely unfounded but possible.
- Given that Book 1 focused on Korra learning Airbending, Book 2 on the Water Tribes conflict, and Book 3 on the Earth Kindgom, it is likely Book 4 brings us to the Fire Nation and current Fire Lord, Zuko’s daughter.
- Kuvira (voiced by Zelda Williams) was name-dropped several times in the finale seemingly without purpose, as well as having a sinister musical theme play when introducing herself. For these reasons it is likely she is being set up for a bigger role in Book 4, possibly as a villain.
- Book 4 is rumored to have a January 2015 release based on the fact that this is when the Book 3 Artbook comes out, and the previous Artbooks have had releases timed approximately with the next season. Beyond this grasping-at-straws connection, January seems like a reasonable release time considering how far along production is and the fact that online distribution eliminates Nick’s scheduling issues.
- Bryke have stated that 2014 was Korra’s last big SDCC panel, meaning that Book 4 will be released before summer of next year. This further supports the Q1 2015 rumor, as well as the likelihood of us getting our first look at Book 4 at NYCC this year, October 9th-12th.
More and more Book 4 information should be coming out soon, and this post will be kept up-to-date as it happens!